The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mac OS X Demo Now Available: Version 1.0.679 (Beta 2)
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Mac OS X Demo Now Available: Version 1.0.679 (Beta 2)

I am pleased to announce the initial Mac Beta demo release of Penumbra: Overture Episode 1.

Changes in 1.0.679
  • Flashlight now works correctly.
  • Game no longer locks up when streamed sounds start
  • Added overrides for Fragment and Vertex profiles (More detail in the readme installed with the game)
  • Added extra debugging to log what CG profiles are being used.
  • While in windowed mode and in the menu the "mouse" is now unlocked. (Turning of full screen mode can be done by editing the settings.cfg located in ~/Library/Preferences/Frictional Games/Penumbra Overture/Episode 1)
  • Upgraded to the Cg 1.5.0019 which hopefully will fix other graphics issues

The demo is build as a universal binary so it will work on Power PC and Intel Mac systems. You must have either an ATI or an Nvidia graphics card.

Currently the Mac demo is ONLY being released via Bit torrent. If you wish to help in distributing, just keep seeding it when you have finished downloading it. Once I get feedback and fix any new found bugs from this beta we will release the final demo and push it out to mirrors. Please DO NOT mirror this demo at this time.

Report any issues to this forum thread as I will be checking this thread regularly for feedback.

To install
  1. download the PenumbraDemo-1.0.679.dmg.
  2. Open the Disk Image by Double Clicking, if it doesn't auto open for you
  3. Run the Package installer
  4. Eject the disk Image
  5. Double Click PenumbraDemo from within the newly installed Penumbra Overture Episode 1 Demo

Tracker URL.
Demo Download (Bit Torrent)

Regards,
Edward Rudd

Known Issues
  • The game may not run on OS X 10.3 at all. Adventurous 10.3 users' feedback is welcome
  • There are some possible issues with shaders on systems, if the game says your system is not compatible, post your hpl.log file.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
06-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Mac OS X Demo Now Available: Version 1.0.679 (Beta 2) - by Urkle - 06-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Mac Issues - by Kallas - 06-03-2007, 12:17 PM
It fried my Keyboard - by Logn - 06-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Mac demo - by rhywun - 08-01-2007, 06:17 PM