Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture

(10-31-2011, 05:24 PM)Brute Wrote: Dude I had more physic bugs in Penumbra. That's starts with flying boxes, strange acting doors, strange acting enemies...
Well and I think that the physics feels "rustier" than in Amnesia. Object rotation and moving was really slow and strange. It is way better in Amnesia. No wonder. Frictional Games had upgrade the engine. Big Grin
And the fight system:
It was an atmosphere killer, because the enemies were ridiculous easy to kill. I always had killed the enemies before exploring. In Amnesia, I was sitting in a closed. What could been more creepier... hmm.... Big Grin
But it is ok. That's only my opinion!

I had no physic bugs in Penumbra. And the object moving was more realistic compared with Amnesia.
Because the objects in Penumbra felt more heavy. They have a weight, you really feel the mass. When you open a heavy door, then it feel heavy. In Amnesia the physics are too intensive. Heavy boxes feel like weightless. I think this is not an update, this is a deterioration.
And the enemies are not easy to kill and the game's goal yet is not to fight enemies.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011, 05:42 PM by Googolplex.)
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slightly disappointed by Penumbra Overture - by Googolplex - 10-31-2011, 05:39 PM