Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What's your Operating System?
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: What's your Operating System?

arch Wrote:I use Archlinux (64-bit). I once owned a copy of windows xp pro, and someone gave me a copy of vista, but I gave both of them away. With linux I can install all the packages I want, including the desktop environment. There are a few downsides to using this OS. Wine doesn't run as well out of the box as with ubuntu. Flashplayer and penumbra had some problems with 64-bit, but once I installed the necessary 32-bit libraries, they ran fine. The drawbacks are nothing compared to what I experienced with windows.

I'm the same way. Maybe Windows is BETTER supported. MAYBE nearly everything is for Windows, but it still doesn't outweigh Linux. I LOVE Linux. There are so many things I love about the distro (Mine being Mandriva). I had gotten a copy of Windows and installed it two nights ago (XP Home), and last night, boom, a virus. A so called anti-virus pops up wanting me to pay to clear out viruses. DAY TWO! that's it, two days, and already Windows is frustrating.
11-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
What's your Operating System? - by Yuhaney - 06-15-2007, 09:58 PM