Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiler I have a few things to say.
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0
RE: I have a few things to say.

I agree with point one, there are far too many tinderboxes, but that's because a lot of players use them like wildfire, it's only really once you get a grip on things that you realize that you only need them in a few instances, so i think the amount is justified, especially give the other reason you provided of them eliminating hiding spots, however, i found them really useful in creating hiding holes, where you were hidden from one side and completely safe on the other (and the perma light meant you wouldn't lose sanity)

as too the lantern oil, i completely disagree, there is just the right amount, especially for a new player, as for the players that know when to use it effectively and how to move about quickly (and efficiently) I found that there was too much even, I frequently finish the game with several extra bottles of oil.

and seeing something does diminish it's scare factor, but so does never getting attacked by it, if it never comes at you than you don't fear it because you know it won't attack you, and it can't really attack you without showing itself, it's a tradeoff, and one that works for most gamers, but more importantly, it's part of MODERN HORROR.

oh modern horror, how i hate thee, IMO the best horror came in the 70-80's period (although i say that about most genre that isn't straight up action or animation), perfect example, the thing, the carpenter version is a great horror movie (personal fav) and the new the thing is pretty good too, but suffers from modern horror syndrome, in that it has all the downfalls of modern horror movie and other than that is actually pretty good (would have been great if they made it 20 years ago... oh wait), i could ramble like this all day, but i won't.

so to sum it all up, it's a trade off, more fun and exiting game play or more straight up horror, they need to find a balance and i think they did it pretty well.
11-28-2011, 06:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
I have a few things to say. - by Scarred Pajamas - 11-28-2011, 03:57 AM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by Zoridium JackL - 11-28-2011, 06:04 AM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by BendyBread - 11-28-2011, 10:16 AM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by BlueFury - 11-28-2011, 04:53 PM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by Juby - 11-29-2011, 03:13 AM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by Kein - 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by OptimusMX - 12-03-2011, 04:22 PM
RE: I have a few things to say. - by Scooch - 01-17-2012, 06:33 AM