Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Assuming a movie company would be intersted, should the Penumbra: Overture and Penumbra: Black Plague be made into a movie at all?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes a Penumbra movie would be great!
72.22%
13 72.22%
No. Penumbra should remain as a game.
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Penumbra Movie Poll
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: Penumbra Movie Poll

(01-05-2012, 11:05 AM)Carrna Wrote: My opinion about this is pretty much the same I wrote in the Amnesia movie thread: it'd probably be better if it was more about the characters itself. No one would like to watch a movie where's some dude sneaking alone in darkness without talking nearly anything. This wouldn't give such a big role to the environment, but well, game is a game and movie is a movie. While making a movie you should stay loyal to the original story and characters but still make it so that it works in the form of a movie. Not an easy task, eh.

And like I said in the other thread: Maybe a short tv-series or a mini-series could work better than a movie. ...orr a a movie in two or three parts.

I dunno, but too much cutting and condensing: just NO. If someone's going to make a movie based on something then they shouldn't take an attitude like "Let's just do it somehow." And they should be loyal to the original story. I hate it when some folks out there change so much stuff that doesn't need to be changed when they make movies based on something. You got to make it with your frigging lifeblood. I'm so traumatized by poor game/book/tv-series based movies.

Wha? Picky? ME? Noooo... T^T I just don't want Amnesia or Penumbra to have such a fate. If they'll someday have their movie versions they'd better be awesome as hell.
I totally agree on poor movies based off books or games, Penumbra would have to be tweaked to make it a good movie. 'Shorten' the search you do around the area, or only include the vital sections (that add important story telling), or something like that.

01-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra Movie Poll - by The Rock Worm - 01-04-2012, 05:28 PM
RE: Penumbra Movie Poll - by Chemos - 01-04-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Penumbra Movie Poll - by The Rock Worm - 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
RE: Penumbra Movie Poll - by BrooksyFC - 01-05-2012, 10:26 AM
RE: Penumbra Movie Poll - by Carrna - 01-05-2012, 11:05 AM
RE: Penumbra Movie Poll - by The Rock Worm - 01-05-2012, 06:00 PM