Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mainstream Games are so bad nowadays
boredgunner Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Mainstream Games are so bad nowadays

(01-28-2012, 09:34 AM)Arvuti Wrote: Why do I have a feeling that I am in a forum full of hipsters who only like games what have budgets what are lower than 5 digits and a development team you could fit in one room.

Also I love how shadowfied is complaining about linearity, eventhough amnesia and penumbra are linear as hell.

Sure, plenty of indy games were listed in this thread but most of the best games happen to come from independent developers, or from the older days of gaming when the development teams were always very small. Games with large development teams lose sight on any sort of goal, and combined with a powerful publisher, they're pushed to make the game appeal only to the mass. The mass happens to be children with small minds and a short attention span, who only want a game with no challenges and non-stop action. Does this sound like you and the games you prefer?
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2012, 06:42 PM by boredgunner.)
01-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mainstream Games are so bad nowadays - by Sel - 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM
RE: Mainstream Games are so bad nowadays - by Sel - 01-26-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: Mainstream Games are so bad nowadays - by boredgunner - 01-28-2012, 06:40 PM