Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What other scary games are there? (for PC)
boredgunner Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What other scary games are there? (for PC)

(01-28-2012, 07:58 AM)Imevil23 Wrote:
(01-28-2012, 07:01 AM)boredgunner Wrote: The only other good horror game I've found that seems like it would scare people is Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason. Dead Space 1/2 are jokes... mindless shooters and nothing more. This applies to Doom, Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil 5 as well. Don't bother with Silent Hill: Homecoming; it's a letdown to the series and doesn't seem really scary. Someone mentioned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and he is correct - they're not horror games but even then, Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky are scarier than Dead Space/Doom/Resident Evil 4/5. Don't buy it for scares though since you might be disappointed if you're like me. They're excellent FPS/RPG crossovers with tons of mod potential though.
I like the Dead Space series for the story and the creepy gruesomeness. It's fun to blast zombie space aliens. Same applies to resident evil. They never scare me, but I dont play those to get scared.

Yes but this is a scary games thread. Although even has shooters, I find Dead Space and Resident Evil 4/5 (mainly 5) to be repetitive and dull. RE5 is absurd... most boss fights were either a blob of worms or you sat on a turret the entire time. The level design also sucked.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2012, 06:44 PM by boredgunner.)
01-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What other scary games are there? (for PC) - by boredgunner - 01-28-2012, 06:44 PM