The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Help with Sign/Examine Areas
GabrielConnor Offline

Threads: 1
Help with Sign/Examine Areas

Hello there people,

long time reader, first time poster in the forumsSmile

So after some reading and watching of videos on youtube, I have decided to embark on my first custom story creation. And I stumbled upon a little problem that could use your assistanceSmile

I have a desk with a pile of books on it. Now I want the player to get a message on his screen when he either moves the cursor over them, or interacts with them. After some digging I believe the answer to that is to create either a "sign" or an "examine" area, correct?

I have made that area, and it covers the whole book pile in a nice box. But for the life of me I can't seem to find what I need to do to get the actual message displayed.

* Do I need an entry in the .lang file? If yes, could someone please help me with the correct syntax for it?

* Do I need some actual scripting to make the message appear? If yes could someone please direct me to the function I should be using?

Any help is really appreciatedSmile I looked through the Wiki for some time now and wasn't able to locate this info, apologies if it's there and I just missed itSmile Thanks for your time!
02-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Help with Sign/Examine Areas - by GabrielConnor - 02-10-2012, 04:34 AM
RE: Help with Sign/Examine Areas - by palistov - 02-10-2012, 04:37 AM
RE: Help with Sign/Examine Areas - by palistov - 02-10-2012, 05:14 AM