Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Something in Penumbra that went missing in Amnesia
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Something in Penumbra that went missing in Amnesia

Though, that is true what Tomas said in the blog, I still think that narrating is a better idea.
It makes you feel like you play this part of his life again. E.g, Without this knowledge, without this foundation, you could not have the will to do what I must now ask of you.
As Philip tells his story and asks you to continue the story further. It really gives you feeling that you are playing as him and you should do the actions of what he would do. I found this much more interesting.
That is what I preferred in Penumbra. It really felt like a story and made it a lot more interesting.
Narrating also gave some valuable information about puzzles to make them a little bit more easier, because you had to right click the object. Instead of just appearing automaticly in the center of the screen like in Amnesia or not at all.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012, 12:45 PM by Mehis.)
03-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something in Penumbra that went missing in Amnesia - by Mehis - 03-09-2012, 12:44 PM