Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key Name and Description not working
Zaik Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Key Name and Description not working

(03-09-2012, 01:32 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: Try this lang file If this lang doenst work,check are the customsubitemtype the same as in here key1 Its in the level editor when you click the key and go to entity tab.
.lang file would not load, after fixing the broken </LANGUAGE> bracket it loads but still does not work.

While writing this I think I may have located the error, it seems I have been working on the version of the map located in redist/maps rather than the one in custom_stories/storyroot/maps

It is always the sillies errors.

EDIT: After relocating the map save and reverting the .lang changes you suggested the key description now works.
Thanks for the assistance, but it appears the problem was between the keyboard and chair rather than in the code.

EDIT2: Also had to revert the change you made to the script code, door refers to the variable door that is defined when calling unlockdoor as the door that we use the key on, it is not actually the name of a particular door in the level.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012, 01:48 PM by Zaik.)
03-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Key Name and Description not working - by Zaik - 03-09-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: Key Name and Description not working - by Zaik - 03-09-2012, 01:41 PM