Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas?
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas?

(03-11-2012, 05:43 PM)xxalucard Wrote: 1. *Most* monsters disappear after you hide for a little while

2. Get rid of the closet safe rooms.

3. Similar gameplay setups to Justine--

4. There should be some sort of "random monster appearance" system--

1. You could add a sort of path node system, where, the longer the player waits, the closer the monster's node change to a location where the player could possibly hide; and, after x amount of rotations around his nodes, he will definitely find the player, forcing them to either find a way through, or die.

2. You can always scale down closets and put items inside them to add pressure to the player. If you scale back the closet just right, you could probably reach a certain point where it won't close all the way. (similar to the metal closet). You can also try leaning them up against walls, making it even more difficult to enter for safety.

3. I'm sure there's a script for the no-save style, or perhaps its in the config files, and you could include it in a full conversion?

4. Agreed 100%. So many times where I've played custom stories where people won't even add a timer between picking up x item and triggering y monster; Completely ruins the rhythm of the scare. But, more on the "random", do you mean something like, looped into a timer? or still scripted, but in specific, obscure places?

I rate it 3 memes.
03-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion: New "Monster Event" Ideas? - by Adny - 03-20-2012, 10:48 PM