Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
Janakev Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

Thomas Wrote:1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?

Spoiler below!
I know it's very general but I can't say there any I didn't like; they all seemed very well thought out.

Quote:2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?

Spoiler below!
There were only two occasions where I can say I was really stuck: looking for the jar of sulphur (more due to my own short-sightedness) and looking for the entrance into the blocked room in the Examination Room (again, my own fault).

Quote:3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?

Spoiler below!
After the Chemical Lab collapsed there was only one infected walking about near it. The rest of the facility was just so empty. Admittedly when I was found by that infected I was a little frightened but it didn't carry the same fear that having them dispersed throughout did.

Quote:4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?

Spoiler below!
When the infected that was in the Computer Room tricked me into passing in the saw and then burst through the door, with the result of having to trap him (after madly scrabbling about in terror) that was brilliant. I was just about to say that a few more events like that would have been nice but now that I think back on it I think it was balanced very well.

Quote:5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?

Spoiler below!
As with the others that have responded (and from being around a few sites, other people who have posted there) Clarence was perfect; the whole premise of who and what Clarence was was simply brilliant. However I have to say I really, really didn't like Dr Swanson. She always seemed so calm and relaxed which was completely at odds with her situation. Philip was perfect, the infected were perfect and the Tuurngait were perfect.

Quote:6) How did you like the ending?

Spoiler below!
Loved it. Tied in wonderfully with the beginning of Overture as well as Black Plague and I honestly didn't see Philips reaction coming. Even as he was typing out his message I still thought he was going to close off the Tuurngait from the world. That's fantastic writing, and a special congratulations to Thomas for that.
02-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread