Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
SpannerMagnet Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?

I think the puzzles were significantly easier in Black Plague. The Tuurngait puzzle was a very good idea.

2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?

The hardest puzzle for me was combining my lighter with the flammable spray to melt the ice on the lever to operate the bridge. I tried pouring alcohol on the lever to try and burn it. Also tried the spray on it. Never crossed my mind to combine them in the inventory.

3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?

There were many loading screens at the finale.

4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?

I think there should have been more scenes that were intended to make the player scream and run out of the room yelling "Mommy!!"

5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?

Voice acting was brill. Clarence was a nice touch. But not as good as Red. He was cool Smile

6) How did you like the ending?

The ending was great. I loved that part of the messages were actually used as you start the game. Very nice. I would have liked to see something, some sort of interaction with the person receiving the email. Maybe some sequel cliffhanger and the other Archaic bases around the world.

Top notch game. Definitely one of my favourites. Having no weapons added a great fun factor. Well, fear factor to be honest. Like in the first game you, the player, knows that there are only (usually) two types of enemies. The infected and the big worm. (Speaking of which, did we get notes on how the animals (spiders, dogs and worms) became infected?)
But the darkness plays tricks on the player and he/she never knows what to expect. I pray that Frictional Games create more FPS Horror/Puzzle games. Absolutely terrific! Thanks guys!

"I never felt truly alive until I was staring death in the face"
02-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread