Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
drex Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?

I liked the puzzle with the computer chips. It was a chin scratcher and also connected with me because I work with computers a lot.

2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?

There were two puzzles that stood out to me as the hardest ones. The first and arguably the most annoying what trying to figure out how to stop the gas leak before the Chemical Lab. I tried going back the the computer to make sure it unlocked the door. I saw the .exe file on the computer and thought it might be linked to the door so I went password hunting. I found a calander that said it was marked on March 3rd 2000 for some reason that I never really found out why. I spent a good hour or more trying to figure this out before I gave up and searched the forums heh. The second was figuring out how to get back after the ice bridge collapsed in the snow outside. It took me many tries to get everything stacked and ready only to over jump and fall to my death. It wasn't that I didn't know how to do it, just that it was difficult to do.

3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?

I didn't find the game slow at all, unless it was my own fault. Like getting stuck on a puzzle, which only happened twice.

4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?

I am not sure I understand this question but I will answer to the best of my ability. I thought the gameplay was fine. I enjoyed the unique way you play this game. Instead of killing everything you see, you try to avoid it out of fear. The one thing I would change is how the monsters work. Monster patrols are only scary until you know exactly what path they will take. Then it is just a matter of being in the right place when they pass by. Allow them to occasionally look behind themselves, or peek into a room they normally don't. This would definitely make me hold my breath when one passes by.

5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?

I liked the personalities of the characters quite a bit. The only issue I have here is that you NEVER see another living human in the game. While this can give you a sense of being alone and that is scary itself, it also seems kind of strange. If people are going to help you through the game, it would be nice to at least see them alive even if it is just for a minute before they die a gruesome death. =D

6) How did you like the ending?

The ending left the game open which is fine, so long as there is going to be something to close it. There were to many unanswered questions in the end, but I still thought it was pretty good. I like what Philip says to whoever he is typing to.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 01:50 AM by Nippew.)
02-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread