Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
Ping5000 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?
I liked the ones that involved a lot of mouse pulling/pushing to manipulate the physics. The crane puzzle, for example. It wasn't the hardest thing in the world, but it made me feel all the more immersed into the game because it felt like I using my actual hands to pull and push the levers.

2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?
The ones that required you to reference notes. I totally forgot about the circuit notes when I trying to transfer programs onto the non-fried cards. I tried to break it down logically by looking at the program names themselves. It worked, but it was really frustrating. Maybe next time the character I control can bring up a little hint like, "I should take a look at [insert whatever here]".

3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?
The pacing was great overall. The only time it got slow as near the end, when the game threw me into a item hunt. I would've liked it if there were puzzles for each chemical or two puzzles that both gave me three of the chemicals, instead of making me search for them because the chemicals tended to blend in with the world in general.

4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?
I don't have any complaints as far as variation is concerned. One moment I'm hesitantly walking down dark corridors, another I'm solving a nice puzzle, later I'm putting on the gas mask (which made things really claustrophobic), then I'm digging through computer files, all of a sudden I'm sprinting through a blizzard and so on.

5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?
I liked all the characters, but my favorite is easily Amabel. Her voice work was fantastic and combined with the writing made her really endearing. Great job with her, and the dramatic event involving her carried a lot of emotional weight because she was developed so well. Another favorite is the guy who asks for a saw (his name escapes me). The combination of great voice work (the way her stutters, his nervous tone) and sharp writing (how specific he got with numbers and he liked to go off-topic a lot) made him really come alive. My least favorite character would have to be Clarence. He wasn't a bad character, he was just the least good. His voice got a grating after awhile, and his commentary on the situation sometimes broke up the tense atmosphere.

6) How did you like the ending?
Loved it. It tied the entire story really well and the minimalist style made it a lot more dramatic (the last lines in particular). It started to get a little too supernatural, because everything was grounded around science and reality before the end game, but it never got to the point that it became stupid. Great stuff and again, the last lines were really effective.
02-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread