Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
242 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

Thomas Wrote:Below are some questions that we would like you to answer in order to make our upcoming games as good as possible:

1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?

I just love hard puzzles, sadly Penumbra hadn't hard enough puzzles for my taste (except of few puzzles). I especially like puzzles that require some paper work, I mean those almost impossible to solve without writing it all down and analyzing that. It's hard to emphasize some certain puzzles in Penumbra I liked the most, they all were quite diversified, impressive, and logical, but as I mentioned, too easy (in general). That's the only thing that I didn't like about them.

Quote:2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?

AFAIR, the hardest was that radio puzzle, and creation of the bomb (which required mixing of chemicals) from the first part, but I don't quite remember why Smile Puzzles of Black Plague were considerably easier, at least it seemed so to me.

Quote:3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?

I found its pacing perfectly fine. Being a fan of Thief, I like slow paced games with lots of tension and atmosphere, occasionally (but not too often) interrupted with some quick action sequences.

Quote:4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?

I think - more focus on the gameplay, variation of events and elements was enough. More replayability value wouldn't hurt.
-Alternative ways to get to an objective
-Alternative ways to solve objective
-Optional areas (should be rewarding and quite big)
-Optional and hiddden objectives
-Bigger maps
-Bonus weapons/equipment

Quote:5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?

I liked Phillip's character, I liked Red the most. Can't comment about voice acting as I don't speak English, but for me voices sounded good and pretty natural.

Quote:6) How did you like the ending?

9/10.
Story also is nice and what's very important - properly delivered.
03-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread