Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
rescape Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

Thomas Wrote:Below are some questions that we would like you to answer in order to make our upcoming games as good as possible:
Thats all folks! Thanks to all who participate!

1. The puzzles in the beginning (or first half of the game) were much better than the ending puzzles. Logic and reason is more immersing than scavenger hunts.

2. The hardest puzzles were hard for the wrong reasons I think. It's frustrating to get all the way to the end of a good story, and have it devolve into finding Bromine behind some books. That was the frustrating part.

3. Pace was fine. There were slow parts, but that's to be expected.

4. More focus on logic and lateral thinking and less on searching drawers for crap. Also, the less linear the better.

5. The voicing was good. Amabel's voice was a bit off, and so were the infected sound bytes at times, but overall it was good. The music and atmosphere was done very well too. Best character was Clarence, worst was Amabel.

6. The ending was a bit neater than I expected, but I guess it was fitting. I was rather confused, and by the time I dredged through the boring Trials, I wanted something more. From reading posts here I gather that there is no third installment. It's a pity if it's true, but there was enough of an open ending that another game (perhaps improved parts) would be nice.

Overall this is probably a 6.5/10, whereas Overture was a 8.5/10.
05-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread