Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
JoeKing83 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

Thomas Wrote:Below are some questions that we would like you to answer in order to make our upcoming games as good as possible:

1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?

Spoiler below!

I liked the programming of the circuit cards best.
Being in the IT business, watching over a lot of servers each day, I think it's just "my kind of thing".
In general I liked them all as all of them actually made sense.

2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?

Spoiler below!

In the kennel I had my problems getting past the wall-holes.
Logic told me to light up the area outside the holes, as whatever was in there seemed to be afraid of light, but I had to find out painfully that this wouldn't work.
It took me however a good 30 minutes until I figured out that I could block the holes too. (2 metal boxes for 2 holes ... hmm ... got me thinking)

3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?

I would say the pacing was just right.

4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?

I would say that the variation of events was just right too.
Solving some puzzles, then some story, some pathfinding, repeat.

5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?

Characters were ok, they fit in there pretty well.
The voice acting was outstanding and the role of Clarence is simply the best thing of the entire genre of similar games and he also has the best voice acting in my opinion.
Reminded me a lot of George Carlin. :-)

6) How did you like the ending?

Spoiler below!

I have mixed feelings about the ending.
It came a bit too sudden, but at the same time fits in to the story, so from a gamer's view, the game is way too short (completed it in about 4,5 hours the first time) but it's well done.
Personally I would have preferred a multiple choice ending (send the mail or don't), giving me some choice of what to do, but that would've made the story for the sequal harder to implement.

Thats all folks! Thanks to all who participate!

I must say that I absolutely loved this game, because I like H.P. Lovecraft storys, horror movies, horror games, horror books and the like.
Some part of me wishes that the sequels never stop coming and that the interaction system is constantly being improved on to bring even more real-life rules into the game to interact with.
However, as I already said, it was way too short and I hope that the next episode will be a whole lot longer.

The loading between the levels somewhat narrowed down on the whole being alone scaryness factor, as you knew that when an infected was following you, all you had to do was to find the next exit, but at the same time, made all the puzzles easier too, because you could find all assets needed to solve the puzzle within that specific map-part.

All in all the developers, voice actors, musicians, etc. did an outstanding job and I'll continue to buy future versions of this game.
Please keep up the great work you all are doing !
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2008, 06:00 PM by NorK.)
06-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread