Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
Cerberuser Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

Thomas Wrote:1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?

My favourite puzzle was finding all chemicals... I really like searching all drawers and throwing objects around to see if there are important things under or behind them, so having a puzzle that forces you to do so until you found them all is great. It was an insult when the statistics said I only found 18/20 notes... which ones could be missing? Are there 2 known hard ones?

Thomas Wrote:2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?

The puzzle where you put the gasoline on fire at the beginning of the game was hard, because I tried to get the substance out of the barrel at first. I even managed to knock the barrel down but the substance didn't come out Big Grin Looked weird though, because it's like a huge flashlight (there is light coming out of the barrel apparently).

The first trial at the end of the game was hard, because I thought the "I am not approaching it correctly" message was meant for that place where the voice talks to you, where you start on that tower. And that you had limited time to find something. I thought the prison was just the "punishment" for not finding it, and that you had to escape everytime to try again. Turned out it's the opposite Big Grin

The least fun puzzle was the gas leakage in the chemical room. I tried attaching that pipe multiple times but it keps saying it doesn't work (something to do with a safety lid in a turn against the wall or so) but after trying again and again it finally worked.

Thomas Wrote:3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?

There was a place where there were too many notes & computers with text files in a row. Normally I'm always happy when I find a note in the game, because they talk about the story, but at that place it became too much. I was happy some files were corrupt Big Grin

Thomas Wrote:4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?

I think there is a chase scene lacking. Just one, though. There were some but they are completely different compared to the ones of Overture. The chase scenes in Black Plague were always set up in the central area of corridors (you know, where maps are hanging) so it was just run until you go through the next "Loading..." door.

Thomas Wrote:5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?

At first I thought Clarence's voice was out of place and made the direction of the game more towards comedy in comparision to the very serious tone of Overture. After a while I got used to it though, and started to like his personality (each time he suggests Philip should find his mind tricks funny)

Thomas Wrote:6) How did you like the ending?

Good, I like it when there are such twists in the continuity so the end is connected to the start.

Thomas Wrote:Thats all folks! Thanks to all who participate!

And thanks to you too for creating this game :O Big Grin

One last note though: The start of Black Plague made me think you finally stayed away from the repititive use of the "one central place with corridors where you have to sneak and the puzzles built in rooms accessible through these doors" formula, but that wasn't the case. Such formula also has it's advantages (the sequence after collecting substance 65 or so where Clarence makes Philip lose sanity while the flashlight wielding infected are chasing him wouldn't be possible without the player knowing and being familiar with the layout already beforehand, for example) but it's overused right now.
08-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread