Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
Kindren Offline

Threads: 0
some quick answers

I actually found this game while searching through Gamefaqs upcoming titles on the PC. I had never heard of it before, but I am glad I found it, it was an amazing couple of games.

1) What puzzles did you like the best? Why did you like them?

Spoiler below!
I would have to say some of my favourite puzzles were the barrel you had to set on fire to open the emergency door (even though it took me a couple tries to figure it out, I initially tried to tip it over to pour the gas into the drain which didn't do anything) and the part where you have to electrocute the gray worm that comes out of the wall. Nothing quite freaks you out like a huge worm exploding from the wall right as you start fiddling with things.

2) What puzzles where the hardest to solve? Why where they so hard and what kind of solutions did you try before finding the correct one?

Spoiler below!
I am going to agree with a lot of the above statements that the hall where you have to put the two blocks in front of the holes was the hardest. After I figured it out I went "Oh! duuuuh!" because it is a beautifully simple solution, but the fact that the two blocks were at the opposite side of the hall threw me off, because the other side of the hall seemed awfully far away for a puzzle solution.

3) How did you find the pacing in the game? Where there any particularly slow moments or some moments where too many things happened?

Spoiler below!
I would say the pacing of the game wasn't all that bad. I kinda believe that finding the Howard was a little too fast, I might have even kept that for the next game in the series. Even more to that point there wasn't a whole lot of emotion or after effect of the find. ( sounds bad, but I actually stacked every object I could pick up in the room on him for comedic effect.) You find Howard and then there isn't a whole lot to do with him until you hit the last three puzzles in the game, and for that they just dropped his name and moved on. I dunno, I think I would have just done a lot more with the father. Overall though, It was a pretty good pace.

4) How did you like the variation of events and gameplay elements? Could there have been more diversity or should there be more focus on the gameplay?

I actually really liked the events that took place in this game. Sometimes the events were more frustrating than interesting (case and point the kennel area) but they all really worked together to make a really creepy and amazing atmosphere. My only complaint would be the monsters that patrol the hallways. I found that as soon as you heard the moan or whatever you knew there was a monster, and then it was easy to evade or even run right past them (I was playing on hard too, so running past them shouldn't have been so easy), and that I feel kinda took away from the creepiness of the game. A few monsters in the hall way would be alright, but it seemed like there were a lot of them in this game.

Spoiler below!
There were only a few monsters in the hall way the truly startled me. There was one point where I had just come out of a room into the residential corridor, and was heading to the infirmary. I passed a room on my right that was locked, thought nothing of it, then I got a little further and I heard the sound of the door being bashed down behind me. That made me jump in my seat, and I didn't even look back I just ran as fast as I could. That was probably the best use of a corridor monster you could have made

5) How did you like the characters in the game? Was their voices fitting? Was the voice acting good? What character did you like best / worst?

The voice acting was amazing! When I first heard the voice of Clarence I thought he was kinda annoying and I went "ugh, I am gonna have to live with this voice?!" but he grows on you. You kinda just love to hate his talking, which I think is exactly what you were going for. I also loved hearing Amabel's voice. After playing around in this place for so long, having a nice softer voice and someone to work toward felt like you were actually getting something done. I would say the only part that bugged me in the area was that voice that got onto the loud speaker once in awhile... It never really seemed to contribute to anything to the atmosphere.

6) How did you like the ending?
Spoiler below!
Great ending! Hive mind, love the concept. Lashing back at the hive mind, even better! It left the game so open for the next installment too! I couldn't have thought of a better way to end them game if I tried.

needless to say, I will be telling just about every person I know about these games. These are probably some of the best horror games I have ever played.
08-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread