Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game
dreadi Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some quick questions. Please answer when you have finished the game

1. The ones that incorporated the physics engine. It felt like I'm really interacting with the environment...

2. But then again there were a few puzzles where It wasn't completely clear if I was supposed to use something from my inventory or try to use the game's physics. Other than that nothing really hard.

3. Pacing was very good until the end which is a bit of a smack in the face.

4. I really liked the concept that Clarence could alter Philip's vision but it could have been implemented with a heavier hand. You could make the player feel truely paranoid if he can never be sure what he sees is real but now that factor was used so seldom that it didn't affect the overall mood too much. I'd have to say I didn't like the "infection" sequence or the tests at the end. The environments weren't very well designed and the puzzles were too abstract. The fact that everything works logically in the middle of the madness worked to make Penumbra more creepy.

5. Overall it was good. Red's lunacy and Swanson's surreal light-heartedness worked to build up the mood greatly. Clarence didn't quite work for me though because of both his voice and the dialogue. He simply wasn't very creepy.

6. Gameplay-wise it was the worst part of the game but as far as the story goes it fit together with the rest of the plot. The twist right at the end was great.
08-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread