Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Black Plague Released!
OneShot Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Released!

RayMarden Wrote:
jens Wrote:Because this problem has nothing to do with us, only with the download/sales/what ever system gamers gate is using. Thats why Smile

Jens / Thomas,

I am sorry, but you *are* at fault for letting such a terrible company as GamersGate represent your title.

First off, there is nearly no mention mention of any option to purchase it from the Frictional Games store. If you look at http://www.penumbrablackplague.com/site/buy.php, the giant "Buy" button specifically lists GamersGate. Even when looking at the text link below the "Buy" button, only GamersGate is listed (whereas the other two options have a link to the Frictional Games store.)

Second, there is a small blurb in the bottom-right of the page about purchasing both games from the Frictonal Games store, but when you click on the link, it only lists Overture for purchase.

Third, what have you done in the meantime? Even with knowing all the issues (at this point, essentially credit card fraud) that we are experiencing, why is your website still mentioning, listing, and directing to the terrible GamersGate company? It did not occur to any of you to at least put up a notice, some type of warning, an interim page, or simply remove the GamersGate option until that company got its crap together?

Look, I loved the first game and I would like for all of you to succeed, but it is small, stupid crap like this that really makes me think Frictional Games is not serious about what it is doing.

Thus far, it appears your only response is to do wait and do nothing. Whereas you could have opted to use a different digital download service, could have tested all this before allowing GamersGate to go public, could have specified going live while GamersGate was open, could have posted numerous warnings, and could have yanked any mention of GamersGate, etc.

Penumbra already has a bit of a background for being buggy and none of this is helping.

According to Jen and Thomas, it's our fault for complaining and they can't "do anything about it." My post is probably going to get deleted.

Shopping at Gamersgate is almost the easiest thing in the world. Just follow these instructions:
1. Buy
2. Download (if possible)
3. E-mail support@Gamersgate.com to figure out why your product isn't working!
4. Wait for a representative to respond.
5. Awaiting step 4 to be completed...
02-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra: Black Plague Released! - by Penumbra - 02-11-2008, 06:05 PM