Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Frictional Games on Steam?
GFree Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Frictional Games on Steam?

OneShot Wrote:All you would have to do to play your games that you already have downloaded would be unplug your internet cord and play in Offline mode.
No. In the case of the storm for example, by trying to connect to the non-existent authentication servers, this cleared the local authentication which offline mode requires, so offline mode didn't work for ANYONE. Offline mode would only have worked if the person unpluged the net beforehand before trying to use Steam. If they were not aware of the fact the servers had gone down, the moment they tried connecting to their account online and it failed, even offline mode would fail until the auth servers came back up. I had the same problem as everyone else at the time.

Quote:If you wanted to download or purchase a game, would you die waiting a couple of hours? It far outweighs the risk of losing a games disk, and the chances of that happening again are one in a million.
I don't lose games disks. It's called looking after your property and learning how to be tidy and organized. A useful skill I might add.

Quote:If I am a fan-boy, what does that make you?
Careful.
02-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Frictional Games on Steam? - by OneShot - 02-12-2008, 04:17 AM