The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Moving Shelf Using Secret Books
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39
Moving Shelf Using Secret Books

So I wanted to use the secret books method that the original Amnesia game had where when you pulled the books (on time that is), it would open the shelf. However, for me, it's a bit different

I want it to be if you pull the right books (some are real, some are fake) the shelf opens and if you pull the fake books, it restarts the whole puzzle. I got the shelf movement to work... sort of. It moves backwards through the wall instead of to the side. That's not how it's suppose to be, it should move to the side, like in the Amnesia game itself.

I tried checking how they made it work... but I don't see how! They didn't use an Area or anything like that. They did use the "SetMoveObjectState" and that's pretty much all I see that made me understand how it worked. But somehow, they made their shelf move to the side, not backwards, like mine.

Please help!! Sad

If you need me to go more into detail, I can record a very quick video demonstrating what I mean.

EDIT: I found out what was the problem. Apparently you CANNOT rotate the shelf to whatever position you want it to be (Ex. rotating it -180 on the X axis). How the shelf is placed in the level editor is how the shelf has to be. You cannot touch it, move it, rotate it, NOTHING, or else it doesn't work correctly.

Thanks for all the help guys Smile but I figured it out by doing some trial and error. However, you guys gave me some useful info. to use maybe in the future, so thank you for that Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012, 08:52 PM by SonOfLiberty796.)
06-18-2012, 03:02 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Moving Shelf Using Secret Books - by SonOfLiberty796 - 06-18-2012, 03:02 AM
RE: Moving Shelf Using Secret Books - by Dutton - 06-18-2012, 07:04 AM
RE: Moving Shelf Using Secret Books - by Adny - 06-18-2012, 02:13 PM