Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]
Xenofur Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]

About the end:

The last level really seems like they got bored but completely it anyhow to cash in.

The ending itself ... I like to have a measure of choice in my games. The ending of this game is quite simply the revelation that Philip is an asshole. No two ways about it, no doubts, no inclarities. It's a simple fact. Sadly the game does not let you know that in advance, so you keep on pushing only to get punished.

P:BP was the very first game i ever played that made me feel like i was being punished for completing it.

Now, what does that have to do with choice? You have none in this game, you're completely powerless. The only choice you have in this game is to play it or not to play. Knowing what kind of person Philip is would only have resulted in one thing: Me killing him at the very first opportunity, then quitting and uninstalling the game.

I could write a lot more here, but I'll bring it to a clear point. Frictional Games, the quite honestly shit job you did on the ending convinced me of one thing: I'll never again buy a game unless i haven't pirated and fully played through it already and am convinced that the makers deserve the money. You don't.
03-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread