Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]

Xenofur Wrote:The ending itself ... I like to have a measure of choice in my games. The ending of this game is quite simply the revelation that Philip is an asshole. No two ways about it, no doubts, no inclarities. It's a simple fact. Sadly the game does not let you know that in advance, so you keep on pushing only to get punished.
OK... just imagine yourself in Philip's position, will you? A lot of "gamers" nowadays seem incapable of empathy, but I hope you can shift your point of view a little.

You are a scientist. A geek, as the cynic inside me (who is NOT Clarence, luckily) says.
Your mother dies, and you get a message from your long believed dead father, telling you to destroy some documents. These documents tell you about a place in Greenland, and, being a true scientist, you get curious, so decide to go there (although a year later).
Then, when you arrive, you get attacked by practically everything. Even the tunnels themselves seem to attack you.
You get possessed by an obviously evil entity which makes you kill the only other living human down there, you find your father dead, and then you find out what was causing all of that.
Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, at this point, you would have developed some very strong feelings against this creature?

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
03-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread