Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How does Penumbra compare to Amnesia?
dorquemada Offline

Threads: 0
RE: How does Penumbra compare to Amnesia?

(07-14-2012, 12:36 PM)Zannibal Wrote: But if you have anachro(orwhateverit'scalled)phobia be warned - Overture is nightmare.
Unless you truly meant "fear of outdated stuff", I believe term is arachnophobia. Which, if the OP dealt with them imaginary crawlies in Amnesia, shouldn't be a problem in Penumbra either.

Having played Penumbra after Amnesia, I have to say that in term of scariness it doesn't even come close, but still is moderately scary, have interesting, albeit different, more scientific story, and puzzles are definitely more complicated. For me personally it wasn't the ability to kill monsters that made it less scary (since you're fighting like an amputee with boxing gloves I preferred to sneak or run past anyway), but
Spoiler below!
Red and especially Clarence. When you're not alone, it's instantly less scary, and it's even more difficult to get frightened when the hammy voice in your head constantly cracks jokes.

All in all, with in on sale on gamersgate again, Penumbra is definitely worth playing.
07-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does Penumbra compare to Amnesia? - by dorquemada - 07-26-2012, 12:33 PM