The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Trying to learn how to edit a model
zergling50 Offline

Threads: 9
Trying to learn how to edit a model

Hey, I want to do something simple to an already pre existing model. My goal is to make a grunt that has a colored hue (blue, red, green, black, etc.) With his eyes lighting up with the same color. I went in the model editor and saw you could add lights, but I didnt want to fiddle around since I had no idea what Im doing. Second, I want to change the noise it makes. How do I do these things without replacing the original grunt (as in a copy of the grunt model but with these changes)? Any tutorials or advice that you can point me towards?
EDIT: Hey guys, I dont think I did a good job of explaining last time, but heres what I want to do. I want to make a game where there are four grunts that represent the different states of the mind. Happy, sad, angry, and the fourth is twisted and confusion. I want them each to have a hue of the color that best represents this state (slightly green, slightly blue, slightly red, and pitch black) I also think it would be cool if their eyes lit up with their respective color (except black, that one would have red eyes). How would I go about doing this? I know its probably possible, and if anyone can offer assistance whether directly or indirectly that would be great! Also I want to replace the noises with the grunts to the noises that best represnt those states so any help on how to do that as well would be greatly appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012, 07:22 PM by zergling50.)
07-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Trying to learn how to edit a model - by zergling50 - 07-15-2012, 09:52 PM