The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

That Shadow
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
That Shadow

"The Shadow isn't some vengeful spirit, it is the universe catching up with itself."

Eh, personally, I suddenly think that the universe is inextricably evil if it could start leaking bloated red globs everywhere. What is this quote trying to say, anyways? Is the Orb somehow "above" the universe, and the universe is like a space around it, and moving the Orb makes this "space" try to catch up with it? If so, why do things like red goo start appearing when the Universe "moves"?

But I've always wondered about how death by Shadow actually works. Daniel refers to it as being "consumed by the Shadow" a few times throughout the game, I believe, which makes sense since it is mentioned in Weyer's story from the 'Remember' collection that the shadow manifests on top of people's bodies and eats them up. But Alexander's death appears to contrast this theory because he simply...disintegrates when the Shadow kills him. So does the Shadow tear him apart, molecule by molecule or something? I also wonder if death by shadow hurts as much as any of the torture devices in the castle, so that it's "penance enough" for Alexander.

[Image: p229xcq]
07-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
That Shadow - by Froge - 07-20-2012, 01:33 AM
RE: That Shadow - by Damascus Rose - 07-20-2012, 03:36 AM
RE: That Shadow - by Ghieri - 07-22-2012, 04:57 AM
RE: That Shadow - by Nickorama - 07-22-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: That Shadow - by Macgyverthehero - 07-24-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: That Shadow - by spukrian - 07-22-2012, 01:30 PM