The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another person needing help playing a custom story
xResorx Offline

Threads: 2
Another person needing help playing a custom story

First post Big Grin sorry if this is in the wrong place...

Well I need help. No matter what I do I cannot get cs's to play. Here's what my directory looks like in the cs folder:

TheStalker
-maps
^- firstencounter.map
-custom_story.cfg
(no lang file, no image file. I'm going to finish the map and go back to add journal entries and notes.)

^
This is all located within redist/custom_stories/

contents of .cfg file
<Main
Name = "The Stalking"
Author = "Nurglitch"
MapsFolder = "maps/"
FirstMap = "firstencounter.map" <--- This one may be wrong on here, and if it is take it as the correct implacement. because im just going off memory
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>
Ive looked on the wiki.
Ive looked on multiple threads.

I do get a few errors in my hpl file . I believe thats the name, remember going off memory here. Its located in my documents/amnesia/main. It says something about the custom story failing to load because its not pointing to the right file. ie it cant find my story.

I can play in the MapViewer. However I cant get this story to show up in the custom stories subsection of the menu.

Also no .hps file.

Just want to test out what I have so far. I have a few custom skinned monsters that I made, that wouldn't ruin anything would it? They show up in the ModelEditor and in the LevelEditor. They work in the MapViewer too.

My guess is I've got something set up wrong with the whole file placement/ .cfg

Anything would be appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2012, 05:44 PM by xResorx.)
07-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Another person needing help playing a custom story - by xResorx - 07-28-2012, 05:19 PM