Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How i can reload script area when i die ? And how to create loopable sounds ?
Mackiiboy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: How i can reload script area when i die ? And how to create loopable sounds ?

I'll try to simplify it a bit more than I did in the 1st thread. I suppose you have a collide callback function or something similar that spawns the monster, right? Inside that function that activates the monster you should put a checkpoint, you could also put it inside void OnStart() instead, but not both. I recommend to use your monster function if your are going to have more checkpoints than just one.

You can put this one inside your function with the monster (or OnStart):

CheckPoint("", "NameOfTheAreaYouWantToSpawnAtAfterDeath", DeathFunction, "", "");

Your deathfunction would be something like this:

void DeathFunction(string &in asName, int alCount)
{
ResetProp("NameOfYourScriptAreaThatActivatesTheMonster");
ResetProp("NameOfYourMonster");
ResetProp("NameOfOtherScriptAreasYouWantToReset");
}
(07-31-2012, 08:59 PM)rakakak11 Wrote: Like the title says....
I have working checkpoint and when i die by monsters i want to encounter the same monsters again...
I want some script areas reload when i die....i know that there is same thread like i have but i really dont understand what i have to do....

"http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-17384.html"
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012, 09:22 PM by Mackiiboy.)
07-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How i can reload script area when i die ? And how to create loopable sounds ? - by Mackiiboy - 07-31-2012, 09:22 PM