Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement Japanese Takeshi Castle Gameshow
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Japanese Takeshi Castle Gameshow

(08-01-2012, 06:45 PM)The Shanus Wrote: Well the script used in amnesia isn't hard to pick up. I learned a good deal in 3 days, certainly enough to do everything you seem to need. If you head on over to the wiki most things are there, and if not just post in the support section of the forum :] Lemme remind you that C++ is not the be all and end all of programming. To really understand it, you need to learn the theory behind it. C++ is not exactly the same as the scripting in amnesia, as far as I can tell, but it will definitely help. Just looking at tutorials on youtube and the wiki will get you much further than you need :] Of course, I can try help, but I'm a little rusty on the AngelScript used for amnesia Tongue
It's not the be all end all but it is one of the more powerful and it is a great way to learn about programming in general because as you said, the theory is essential. C++ is loaded with undefined behavior so in most tutorials and beginner's books all of the inner workings are explained to you so you understand completely what you are doing, or else you can end up with at best a few dangling pointers and at worst a blank HD (not impossible). I'm not very advanced (beginner-intermediate/intermediate probably) but the stuff I've learned about computers and programming in general for the time I've put in is exuberant. The majority (at worst 50%) of game engines are programmed in C-based languages (particularly C for older engines and C++) because C++ especially is very expressive and the environment is among the most low-level out there so you can manipulate the hardware more easily and to a much more powerful degree than in other more high-level programming languages.
08-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Japanese Takeshi Castle Gameshow - by mrensayne - 07-31-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: Japanese Takeshi Castle Gameshow - by Kman - 08-01-2012, 09:28 AM
RE: Japanese Takeshi Castle Gameshow - by Kman - 08-01-2012, 10:48 AM
RE: Japanese Takeshi Castle Gameshow - by Bridge - 08-01-2012, 09:58 PM