The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I am Worried About something (Copy rights)
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
I am Worried About something (Copy rights)

Attention: this is more directed for forum moderators and people who are aware and understand copy right laws.

Well as most of you might now know I am one of the makers of Dark Room. In that custom story all I and Draco have done was use the original content of Amnesia and edit it slightly at most for some edited monsters. Therefore we had no problem in uploading them.

But things get a bit more complicated in Dark Room 2... As we wanted to make a big sequel, and by that I mean bigger in every way. more maps, more jokes, more detailed environments, overall a better experience. so I. for some specific scenes and environments have downloaded several models from several sources from me to have a larger environment / level design possibilities. I haven't really thought about the copy rights issue while the custom story was first being developed on the heat of excitement the first weeks of developing Dark Room 2 were (Although I know we have been dead for quite some time but thats another story) so now when we are finally working on the scripting and some final level designing I came to the realization that Skashi's (note I am not one of his fans) custom story "Canis Abusus" was locked down due to the fact that his mod contained a 3D Model of a Monster from a Resident evil game. This quickly made me look at my own custom story and made me very worried because although not all of my custom content is actually pirated, rather free game props. some are although from extracted models for other video games. I did not extract them myself but I am using them.

But before I finish. I am greatly confused. Because while "Canis Abusus" was locked because of a single ripped model. I have seen other custom stories for example the Remake of the "Undying" video game. As far as I know. The maker of this custom story. Didn't model any of the used game props. they are all ripped from the original game! yet nothing is being done for or against it! this begs the questions:

Why was "Canis Abusus" Locked while the "Undying" remake wasn't?

Does it depends of the nature of the models? does it have to do whit any copy rights law that I am not aware of? if so I would gladly give the list of my custom models privately for them to be verified.

I Hope haven't caused too much trouble.

and thank you.

Danarogon
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012, 01:34 AM by Danny Boy.)
08-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
I am Worried About something (Copy rights) - by Danny Boy - 08-03-2012, 01:31 AM