Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Custom story's with texting instaid of voice acting?
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39
RE: Custom story's with texting instaid of voice acting?

Well I guess your right about that on some cases. Just look at Silent Hill 2. Bad voice acting but phenomenal acting. If that makes since. I mean text based acting is not all that bad. I think of it as if im reading a interactive novel. Now I know that most if not all people hate reading in amnesia. We all mostly know that we do not want to read pages of text with in a note. Though it may contain valuable information and lore, people are just generally lazy in this generation when it comes to reading text with in video games. But if I gave some book worm a text based video game with rich dialogue im sure he would feel the feelings of that character to some degree.

Text based voice acting is not a bad implication. You just half to make sure the lines are rich and interesting. Though yes you will have that feeling of emptiness.

The problem lies with in the fact that you are in 1st person. It would be odd to see text in the middle of the screen. So how do we fix this? Well one way is building a character model and scripting the animations. This is something that I might do but I have no experience in this field. But I might try this in the feature. But the best approach for me would to create a comic book style cut scene. To do this I would need to take a screen shot of the cut scene you want to work on. Put in the artistically drawn character with in the screen shot and you have fixed the problem. With a little art and Photoshop or Gimp, a comic book style cut scene will be the solution. This is something that I plan to achieve with in my custom story. (The Hands Resist Him)
08-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom story's with texting instaid of voice acting? - by jssjr90 - 08-03-2012, 05:31 AM