The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small questions in development
Cheynise Offline

Threads: 1
Small questions in development

New to the forum and I am thinking of making a custom story with a few friends of mine (but not right now cuz we're overworked with uni~!).

We're pretty much learning as game designers/programmers in our uni so we often make game projects. Although, I have to say we've never really made games like for horror genre (...not too sure if school's against blood or what) and I like horror games to a T. So yeah, I'm hoping to make a group and we could do a project custom story during our next semester.

The only thing is about the engine, HLP2 (and yes, I am reading the documentation...sloooowly). I have a question about it now and may have more in the future.

We've touched game engines like UDK, Unity, etc in our projects, even created our own engines. I've also learned from a few of my programmer friends that they can create or tweak mechanics in them engines (of course if they know the engine like the back of their hand). So I'm curious. Just how far can we go with the Amnesia engine? Is it possible to make new mechanics or different kinds of puzzles related to Amnesia's interaction (that we would never expect to see in the engine)?

I guess that I want to see if we can succeed in a new kind of custom story, right down to the code if possible. I see that C++ is (mostly?) involved in the engine so I'm just wondering of the possibilities we could do without disrupting the gameplay. If not, then well, guess we'll see what we stir up.

Smile Any suggestion or answers would be grateful. Oh and if this thread don't belong here, let me know. Thank you for hearing me out.

Now I shall go away because my heavily-designed 3D modeling assignment is beckoning me to work...shoot me...

Oh second question, 3D program for third party resource is only blender?

Ah hell. Sad <---- 3DsMax user.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 06:53 PM by Cheynise.)
08-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Small questions in development - by Cheynise - 08-07-2012, 06:49 PM
RE: Small questions in development - by palistov - 08-07-2012, 07:01 PM
RE: Small questions in development - by Cheynise - 08-07-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: Small questions in development - by palistov - 08-07-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: Small questions in development - by Cheynise - 08-07-2012, 07:34 PM
RE: Small questions in development - by Omyn - 08-08-2012, 01:58 AM