Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Deus Ex
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Deus Ex

indeed. and EEEK, forum glitch!, it didnt post the whole message. ill have to finish it with this one.

@Bridge, thanks for the kind support. i am afraid to say i dont own human revolution, i only rented it, mainly due to the fact i enjoyed deus ex one and 2, but i didnt want to buy 3 outright because it was a different dev and they had made some design desisions i saw as "incompetant". as a rental is only 3 days, i didnt have time to "go ghost", i had to blast through,. sadly the experience was bad enough for me, to not only not bother finishing the game, but it soured me both against deus ex (if its gonna be like that from now on, then they might as well axe it now and be done) and everyone involved in human revolution, both the publishers and the developers.

my mistake i quess!

don't worry, unlike some autistic people i know, i CAN cope with stealth, in fact, i enjoy it, as its a real challenge, after all, one of my all time favourite console games ever is the Original "Metal Gear Solid" and NOLF 1, my 3rd favourite of ALL my games, on any system, has an entire episode, "a man of influence" of some really top quality, and in one level, keyboard trashingly challenging, stealth.

i will still hold it as a bad game as it suffered from LAZY design, and a LACK OF THAUGHT, both things i absolutely refuse to tolerate, to me the Developer is a BAD developer, because they were LAZY because they didnt take the 5 minuites to programme the option to turn off the dynamic scaling, and they didnt do that because they didnt THINK about people with focal distraction, all they could see was the piles of wonga from the modern shooter fans, (wich backfired as, like many modern shooter games as of late, human revolution didnt sell at all well, as the modern shooter has been done to death). as it came from a BAD developer, to me, its automatically a BAD game,. that is to me, personally, however, i wont stop people thinking its a great game if they think its a great game, im just explaining why I thaught it was a stinker of a game and an isult to my "ideal" of what Deus EX actually is.

@spukrian, indeed, it is a Silly reason, especially when other Developers and companies have not only proven a PS3 or xbox 360 pad can handle a heck of a lot of guns at once, but have also openly said that having a gun limit is "lazy design and programming", albiet far more diplomatically, i seem to remember the team that made resistance 3 (wich reminds me, ALSO has the option to turn the Dynamic Scaling OFF, meaning S.T.A.L.K.E.R isnt the LAST game to have that option), a ps3 exclusive game from last year, wrote a whole article about!

indeed, each to there own, i know some people like to have dynamic scaling, as it makes them play more skillfully and makes them feel like they are using a "real gun" with recoil and bullet drift and Gravity Drop off, its why i want to see the ressurection of the system that Deus EX 1, Nolf II (nolf 1 as well!) and many others had, that let you got to "options-crosshairs-Dynamic Scaling-off". so those players who do like them still have them, but those who dont like, or cant cope with, them, can just turn them off, i dont know why the option was ever dropped, lazyness again i suspect, but it really is inexcuseble that most western studios dont have the option, when it was retained not only be the developer of a title that was Exclusive to a Mainstream CONSOLE, a game that came out LAST YEAR at that, but also by a very low budget, but mercurially talented russian studio who i miss terribly despite the fact they only shut down a few months ago called GSC Gameworlds |(Rest in peace comrades), the only reason is lazy design, wich i refuse to tolerate because, basically, its a form of Incompetance, and i dont see why incompetant developers should be paid MILLIONS (they shouldnt be paid at all!), were as really competant ones, like GSC have to go to the wall for lack of funds.

as for casual mechanics, i REALLY hate those, as to me, an easy game is a BORING game, my approch to "new players" is "man up and Deal with it, Or dont play games!" basically as it was in the 1990s. the whole fun of a game is in its challenge, if there is no challenge, there is no enterainment, and if there is no entertainment, whats the friggen point? i cannot STAND regen health, as not only does it make a game too easy and robs it of that "2 percent health, no medpacks.. and i can hear a Boss incoming... oh SHIII---" moments, it also makes the player play like a cowardly wimp, im sorry, if i want to be a wimp, ill stay in REALITY thank you very much.

i hate lock on cover as well, as then it turns the game, basically, into target practice, as you only need to worry about pop n shoot. i dont mind a "bob and weave" ability when in zoom aim (medal of honour: frontline, is a great example of this mechanic, but i dont know if it was ever ported to pc or if it was console only, mines on ps2)as sometimes it can be Vital when youve taken one to many Mp40 hits to the love spuds and are on 10% health buth that fat 50% restoring "feild surgeons pack" is 20 nazi goons away!

i also REALLY hate that "press (THIS) to" thing, i dont mind the "hand icon" like penumbra or RTCW, but i really hate being told what button to press as i HATE being patronised, another aspie i know summed it up best "dont hold my hand! if i want help, ill ask for it thankyou!" as far as i am concerned, controll hints should be tutorial only, after that.. Read...The,....Manual.

basically, i hate modern mainstream gaming, as its just not Gaming as far as i am concerned.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 09:07 PM by the dark side.)
08-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Deus Ex - by spukrian - 08-10-2012, 07:01 PM
RE: Deus Ex - by JMFStorm - 08-10-2012, 07:04 PM
RE: Deus Ex - by Adny - 08-10-2012, 07:12 PM
RE: Deus Ex - by the dark side - 08-10-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Deus Ex - by Bridge - 08-10-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: Deus Ex - by spukrian - 08-11-2012, 10:56 AM
RE: Deus Ex - by Bridge - 08-11-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: Deus Ex - by spukrian - 08-12-2012, 09:49 AM
RE: Deus Ex - by the dark side - 08-27-2012, 08:07 PM