Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: what do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Neat
18.75%
3 18.75%
Idk
31.25%
5 31.25%
Oh no
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.

Spoiler below!
(08-30-2012, 07:56 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Ok, I don't really like Call of Duty much either, but I'll have to slap you for some of your thoughts. I don't entirely disagree with your post though, so if anything I don't quote means I probably agree to some extent, or have nothing to say on the matter.

Quote:This game, and all parts after MW1 are totally shit.
This is mostly personal opinion, so I can let you go with that, but I personally thought Black Ops was actually fresh, and interesting enough for me. Plus, the plot was intriguing for COD standards (Perhaps even normal video game standards), so that's definitively a plus. So, Black Ops at least, in my book is definitely not shit.

Quote:You don't need skill on this game. It's just a "who can lay down faster"-gameplay.
Oh yes, you need some degree of skill. I know this just from playing COD's free weekends. Running in with horrible aim will not get you anywhere. It doesn't matter how fast you lie down.

Quote:
  1. 75% of the player are 10 year-old children, which scream into the voice-channel, and celebrate their 0,75K/D.
  2. 5% of the player are hacker, which is really annoying if you do a serious game
  3. And
    point number 3 causes, that even if you just get a few bigger
    killstreaks, you're a hacker. Because those 10 year-old just can't lose.

Even thought this may very well be the case, you DO NOT take in consideration a game's community when objectively judging a game. It's not as if the developers invited 10 year olds, and hackers to play the game by giving them exclusive discounts. Games, whether good or bad, will attract all sorts of audiences, and this does not at all reflect how good a game is.

Quote:Most of the players are older, and don't hack or flame.

Same problem I mentioned before.

Quote:A dead is a tactical problem, and not just stop playing for 0,5 seconds.
I don't see any problem with this aspect as it's very commonly tossed around. It's either this (Short respawns), or long respawns. Depending on the game, they can use whatever suits the game. I can't see how you think this attributes to the gameplay significantly.

ok, sorry. Some things got missunderstood. The things you've mentioned were not meant to the game, it's more the community... The community of those games is just totally different, the game is ok, and it's not the games fault that they have this community, but whatever, it makes the multiplayer awful.

@thedarkside, you're right, the Battlefield-SP isn't the best anymore. But you still have some al characters, which have their own attributes, are funny/depressive, whatever. CoD looks more like, this is a guy, follow him.
The graphics in BF3 are up to date, and nearly the best looking engine, besides the CryEngine 3. Bfbc2 is older, i know, but it still has a better graphic than MW3, and is NOT ported from ps3/xbox, (not completely sure, but definitly) same for BF3. But ok, i never really played BF3, simply because my GPU is too slow, so I don't care about graphics.

And also, I never really play SP in shooter... it's not very enjoyable. And the MP, is in my opinion much better in BF. Not just because of the game, the games are totally different. BF is more like a simulation, and CoD an Arcade-shooter, it's because of the damn community.
Sorry if I was a bit rude about the game in my post above.

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 08:25 PM by johnbox.)
08-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game. - by johnbox - 08-30-2012, 08:13 PM