Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What would be "Proper Jumpscares?"
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: What would be "Proper Jumpscares?"

(11-28-2012, 10:56 PM)Alex Ros Wrote:
(11-28-2012, 06:25 PM)Adrianis Wrote: Pacing is very important, but sticking to a rule-set for pacing is dangerous...
The rules are the things that are made to being broken. That's their purpose.
Now that makes a whole lot more sense, I agree completely. My apologies, I didn't see that that was the way you were presenting it

On your off-topic note (this is a strange thread in a strange forum for it, but still) I share your sentiment with regards to Russian cinema, though I know very little of it, I know that it used to be very good indeed, and that there haven't been as many great films that find their way across to the UK like they used to. I'm a big fan of a couple of Andrei Tarkovsky's films that found there way over here (UK), Solaris and Stalker. Solaris in particular is probably one my all-time favourite films. Are there any other particularly good Russian science fiction films that you could recommend?

On another note, there may not be a very well established games industry in Russia, but have you considered trying for independant development rather than trying to find a place to work? There are certainly enough video game players in Russia to support it
11-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would be "Proper Jumpscares?" - by Adny - 08-15-2012, 06:56 PM
RE: What would be "Proper Jumpscares?" - by Froge - 08-15-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: What would be "Proper Jumpscares?" - by Adny - 08-15-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: What would be "Proper Jumpscares?" - by Adrianis - 11-29-2012, 01:55 PM