The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Randomly Generated Environments
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
Randomly Generated Environments

Hi. I was playing around with the level editor and I came up with something. What if there was an Amnesia game with randomly generated environments? It wouldn't be a full game; no storyline, no specific characters, etc. To allow maximum replayability, when you found the level door, it could be locked, and a key could be placed nearby. When you opened the door, it'd bring you to a hallway, which would bring you to another environment. The previous environment would delete itself and could not be accessed again.

These environments would come in one of three sets: Dungeon, Mansion, and Flooded. Mansion would spawn 75% of the time, Dungeon 15%, and Flooded 10%. They'd use their respective tilesets (Mansion = mansionbase, Flooded = castlebase, Dungeon = dungeonbase). They'd each have random monsters, scares, and items (except for Flooded, where a Lurker has a 80% chance of spawning). They would also utilize existing ambience depending on the level. Mansion could get Archives ambience and Old Archives ambience, Dungeon could get Prison ambience and Entrance Hall ambience, and Flooded will have the Lurker ambience.

This might be a lot harder to code then I think, but it's just a thought. What do you think? It would allow a lot of replayability for Amnesia, because most stories are jumpscare stories and once you've replayed Amnesia several times it gets boring.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2012, 10:45 PM by Zaffre.)
08-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Randomly Generated Environments - by Zaffre - 08-16-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Randomly Generated Environments - by Zaffre - 08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: Randomly Generated Environments - by Adny - 08-17-2012, 12:23 AM
RE: Randomly Generated Environments - by Bridge - 08-17-2012, 12:42 AM
RE: Randomly Generated Environments - by Ghieri - 08-17-2012, 12:47 AM
RE: Randomly Generated Environments - by Robby - 08-20-2012, 02:08 PM