Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

WHITE screen crossfading effect during paying game
oday Offline

Threads: 2
RE: WHITE screen crossfading effect during paying game

(08-29-2012, 09:29 PM)Zaffre Wrote: I think the point of the flash is to act like your mind spikes in pain (like it does in my fanfic) and you remember something from the past.
guys! You are loosing the subject. It is not so much important, if that effect is because of flashbacks, or because "it's helping me to take a breath", or because "it's makes a pain, and its increase bond with player

the most importat thing here, IS that - IF YOU are playing at night, on a big lcd, without lights in your room, in a game, which has dark colour pallete, then that kind of fades makes you feel eyes ache. it is killing a whole climate/atmosphere.

One, two fades for 10-15minutes is okay, but few fades in few minutes? Believe me - in amnesia, on the begining it wasn't any problem with that fades for me, but form the middle/half of game, that effect was annoying, painful, and it makes me angry all the time

First: that fade to white, shout be faster (If frictional games was thinking about flashback effects - then fade should be faster, almost like flash, not that slow as is now)

Second: they are useing this effect too often, sometimes few fades in each few minutes. result?- surfeit, aversion

Third: if frequency and speed of that effect cannot be changed, then fade colour sould be changed. For exaple fade to gray, or black.

and please remember about what is, this discussion.
09-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHITE screen crossfading effect during paying game - by oday - 09-04-2012, 11:45 PM