The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Statues Appear Behind You?
taylor122002 Offline

Threads: 10
Make Statues Appear Behind You?

Hello everyone! I have another question about scripting that I'm stuck on again.
My question is, is in my story, there is a secret room which you have to find a key for. After you find the key and unlock the door, there is an Iron Maiden. When the player opens the Iron Maiden, it's full of good things such as oil potions, health potions and sanity potions. After the player picks up the goodies, there is a note that simply reads "See, not all Iron Maiden's are bad". And after you read it and turn around, there is a random statue just standing there behind the player.

Does anyone know how to script this and how I would set it up so a statue would appear behind you after reading the note? I've seen multiple things this, but not knowing how to set up the whole thing. Like in a custom story, a note will say "Behind you", and when you turn around, there is a statue there or a monster or whatever. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advanced!

EDIT: Ah, wait, never mind, kind of. I just did the same scripting I did with the grunt that appears behind you by using the SetEntityActive thingy. I put that in the Iron Maiden so I made it appear before you leave the secret room. But if anybody knows how to make it so when I pick up something too, then it appears behind you if it's possible, please feel free to reply!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012, 03:08 AM by taylor122002.)
11-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Make Statues Appear Behind You? - by taylor122002 - 11-12-2012, 02:49 AM
RE: Make Statues Appear Behind You? - by Tiger - 02-28-2013, 02:03 AM
RE: Make Statues Appear Behind You? - by Tiger - 02-28-2013, 01:24 PM
RE: Make Statues Appear Behind You? - by i3670 - 02-28-2013, 03:38 PM