The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Riddles, brain puzzles and mathematical problems
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23
Riddles, brain puzzles and mathematical problems

This thread was made for those who like using their wits to solve riddles and problems.

Here's how it's done:

A person posts a riddle/problem and the others are trying to figure out the solution. Whoever founds the solution posts a new riddle* and the same procedure is redone.

*NOTE: If the person can't or doesn't want to post/share a problem after he has solved one then (s)he should simply say so and another person will do this.

I guess I have to start. Here goes:

Riddle 1
Chess Horses

The picture shows 2 white and 2 black horses placed in one section of the board. How we can exchange the positions of the white with the black horses?

Clarifications:

1.) Horses are allowed to move only within the block illustrated in figure.
2.) The movement of each horse must be the same as it does in chess, ie shape "Γ"
3.) A horse can overleap (jump above) other horses, but can not go to a square occupied by another horse.
4.) Give your movements using the numbers shown in each square.

Figure:

[Image: 4knights.jpg]

Long update: Use spoilers in your answers.

Good luck!

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014, 12:37 PM by BAndrew.)
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Riddles, brain puzzles and mathematical problems - by BAndrew - 11-15-2012, 04:15 PM