Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What did you have left in your inventory at the end of the game?
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: What did you have left in your inventory at the end of the game?

MercenaryForHire Wrote:
Kedjane Wrote:The nightvision really was too powerful, honestly no human being can see so clearly in pitch blackness.

In true pitch blackness - which most humans never truly know - you can't see anything. Period. No matter how long you wait. However, if you've been "in the dark" for a good fifteen minutes or so, you'll have very good night vision. But if you're in a brightly lit area and move into the darkness, you won't be able to see a damned thing.

Now that would be something that would mesh well into the Penumbra world since everything else hinges so much on light. Let's see some medically correct rods and cones! Wink
Yeah, I disliked the night vision/sneaking system from Day 1.
I think it's annoying when you crawl around, dodging enemies, doing whatever people trapped in underground mines do and then "shuush" and the entire screen flattens and gets a blue tint.

Dogar Wrote:
MercenaryForHire Wrote:12 flares (What exactly are these good for?)

The flares shed a larger radius of light than the glowstick, almost as far as the flashlight I think. Plus they bathe everything in a (imo) creepy, menacing red light.
I only used a few of them when I was in a really dark area and wanted a change from the usual green glow of the stick. Tongue
Yeah, they should had decreased the range of the glowstick and made you find the flashlight instead of it and not find the glowstick until later. Fewer flashlight batteries, shorter battery time and no nightvision would make the player use the flashlight less - then perhaps flares could have made the breakthrough they deserve.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread