Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Timesplitters HD Collection Petition
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Timesplitters HD Collection Petition

Actually, Cervet Yeli Himself told people to do this Petition, he really wants Crytek UK to redo the old 'splitters games in HD, so Crytek Uk can then do Timesplitters 4 without having to change the gameplay to that of a "modern shooter, wich wouldnt suit timesplitters at all" (hence its current cancellation), like EA's Marketing Department is currently demanding.

However, Evil Alliance absolutely REFUSES to greenlight the collection unless they can get proof of at least 100,000 sales confirmed sales, because they dont want to take budget from "more modern, more accessible, mass selling franchises", hence this petition, it reaches 100,000, EA has to greenlight TSHD, it sells enough units (2,000,000) and crytek UK can put TS4 into production as they will be able to keep the "goldeneye 64" type gameplay, were as at the moment EA wants them to make TS4 a "modern shooter", (regenerating health,"bloody screen! so real", 2 gun limit, quick time events, lots of "gritty" swearing, expanding crosshairs, limited duration sprint, Aim Down Sites, Squad Combat, cover systems, the splitters being created by the soviets, focus on "authenticity", yadda, all unsuitable for TS) to compete with Halo, Call Of Duty, etc. you know, the franchises EA seem to be unhealthily obsessed with competing against with, according to critics, vastly inferior titles.

Hence its current "indefinate postponement" (aka, cancellation) as crytek uk knows that a "modern shooter" timesplitters would fail to sell well, as it would anger the classic 'splitters fans, and fail to attract new ones as it would be "too goofy" for the modern shooter audience who want more "realistic" titles such as call of duty, battlefield, numoh, etc.. i think crytek are being very sensible about this. hence, they have my support.

story is on Eurogamer, sadly, i cant find the link, so you will have to search i am afraid.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 09:12 PM by the dark side.)
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Timesplitters HD Collection Petition - by Hardarm - 12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
RE: If you know Timesplitters - by Bridge - 12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: Timesplitters HD Collection Petition - by the dark side - 12-03-2012, 08:51 PM