Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dark Souls II
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Dark Souls II

I didn't find Dark Souls as difficult as people were saying, but many of the people that claimed it to be difficult were the ones that blindly enter an area where enemies deal a lot of damage while their character (hero) is not even close to a level to properly deal with the enemy. I, however, went soul farming until i could defeat enemies in the area within a few hits. In my second play through i was breezing through it all. However, this is not to say that there weren't any difficult moments, like trying to get Ornstein's armor or trying to defeat the Great Lord.

The PvP system is the worst PvP system i've ever seen. What's the point of skill level for it? The only thing that helps you win battles is network advantage. Thankfully there are way to reduce the amount of people that invade you, and there are ways to prevent invasion altogether. If anything good can be said of it, it would be any funny moments of the invader falling off cliffs as they try to evade your attacks, but that wouldn't be something inherent of the PvP system anyway.

The performance issues the game had were absurd. Thankfully it wasn't in every area, but the 30 frame cap in itself is absurd. I could understand why the game was not released for PC also in the beginning, given the incompetence of their developers.

That being said, even with all of its flaws, i had a fun time playing the game. My build was mostly a STR and DEX build, running with the Giant's armor and Havel's great shield with the cursed great sword of Artorias. My DEX was high enough for the great sword of Artorias to compete with the Dragon Greatsword. My favorite boss was Artorias of the Abyss.

I haven't looked into Dark Souls 2, and if it's not going to be for PC, then all the more reason not to look forward to it.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Dark Souls II - by Rapture - 12-20-2012, 03:36 AM
RE: Dark Souls II - by str4wberrypanic - 12-20-2012, 03:53 AM
RE: Dark Souls II - by Your Computer - 12-20-2012, 06:14 AM
RE: Dark Souls II - by eliasfrost - 12-21-2012, 04:10 PM
RE: Dark Souls II - by Rapture - 12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: Dark Souls II - by eliasfrost - 12-22-2012, 12:04 AM
RE: Dark Souls II - by Hunter of Shadows - 12-22-2012, 07:41 PM