Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Creating a Monster...want opinions
blakeman909 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Creating a Monster...want opinions

(12-31-2012, 12:29 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(12-30-2012, 10:09 PM)blakeman909 Wrote: Make his true face hidden. Put a shade over his face so none of us know how he looks. Make him have huge muscles and large holes in his shirt. make him look business like with a white shirt and decent pants. Make him wielding a knife, a knife that looks bloody and make it look like a knife used in science for cutting open frogs and stuff Tongue. I think that will be creepy. Sounds like a good custom story idea I'm looking forward to playing it.

How would that, in any conceivable way, be regarded as creepy? In the proper composition of a frightful monster, one must first take the audience into consideration: Who am I making this for? What are they scared of?
What made the monsters from Amnesia: The Dark Descent scary? It's that they were on the base level, human, but with horrific derangements.

Adjustments should be made to the hands and such to make it look somewhat demonic, but its the concept of being chased by a shadow that is scary. Though this is merely my opinion. You are correct though, I don't think my idea would be scary, but as a custom monster is being made by someone unprofessional (no offense) going into great detail can be hard. Sometimes the concept scary is easier than making the content scary. I no doubt that someone could be something much scarier, it was just a suggestion.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2012, 06:16 PM by blakeman909.)
12-31-2012, 02:37 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a Monster...want opinions - by Acies - 12-26-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: Creating a Monster...want opinions - by blakeman909 - 12-31-2012, 02:37 AM
RE: Creating a Monster...want opinions - by Kman - 01-11-2013, 04:38 PM