Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hps file not loading on 3rd "level"
Jeeper Offline

Threads: 2
RE: hps file not loading on 3rd "level"

(12-26-2012, 11:59 PM)dnalange Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 07:42 PM)Jeeper Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 07:15 PM)The chaser Wrote: By what I can see there aren't map caches. And, the scripts and maps are named the same. Weird thing. Just sayin', what happens? It crashes, it just doesn't work in-game?

It does not crash, it does not give any error messange. But no scripts work. And after a while i just wondered if i was being stupid and made all scripts wrong so i made multiple super simple test scripts. Here is an example of one such script (100 times checked and copy + paste in editor so all names match)

-

void OnStart()
{

AddEntityCollideCallback("Player","RetardArea","RetardTest",true,1);

}

void RetardTest(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "amb_idle_whimp.snt", "Player", 0.1, false);

}

Edit; For a while i thought it was due to me changing the map via script and not level door. But i later tried to change to one map that i knew worked previously with said script. And this map still worked.

-
Might work..
don't know for sure..
try 0.1f
I had something like that in one of my script once..

Tried that and multiple other simple scripts, its not the script that doesnt work its that the game doesnt load the next Hps file. For what reason i do not know but it is getting on my nerves Sad
12-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
hps file not loading on 3rd "level" - by Jeeper - 12-26-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: hps file not loading on 3rd "level" - by Jeeper - 12-27-2012, 02:24 PM