Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia
nrkist Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia

(12-27-2012, 01:28 AM)Bridge Wrote: Certain things are more effective when implied.

Agreed, I think we delved far enough into penumbra before the narrative came dangerously close to toppling. I would definitely be excited about a fanmade prequel though as an amnesia story\mod with some caveats. Part of the attraction of the game is the sinister mysteries left in it's wake. That's what draws the player in. You can't tie it all up in a knot and expect a player to get a great experience out of it. That being said, I think there is definitely room for a prequel, as long as it obeys the rules of the penumbra series and Amnesia. Nothing can live up to the questions left in the wake of penumbra, so you need to play into those mysteries rather than depower them with some finite prequel explanation.

I think there is room to expand on the origin lore, provide some unique insight, without 'explaining' everything. I don't think anyone wants to play the Penumbra where everything is explained.
12-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Bridge - 12-27-2012, 01:28 AM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by nrkist - 12-27-2012, 02:13 AM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Bridge - 12-27-2012, 03:55 AM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Kein - 12-27-2012, 09:32 AM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Bridge - 12-27-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Penumbra Prequel made in Amnesia - by Traggey - 12-28-2012, 03:19 AM