Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Level Editor Help Black&White screen effect possible?
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Black&White screen effect possible?

(09-16-2014, 06:29 AM)DeAngelo Wrote: I know I'm the village idiot running into the city hall meeting naked screaming "I GOT AN IDEA!", but couldn't you just make custom versions of a bunch of objects, edit the mat or dds or whatever files to be b&w and pop that into the game? I did that once to give a grunt clown makeup. Obviously things like the inventory screen or damage would still have color, but it would theoretically accomplish the effect on a smaller scale if the bigger stuff doesn't work out.

It becomes extremely repetitive, let alone, requires a full edit of practically every .dds file Tongue

I have done this before. It is accomplishable simply by following the instructions. The core part about it though makes it tough - by changing stuff in there, you are hoping the user does not mind with the Vanilla Amnesia becoming not so Vanilla anymore. Editting core files is never a good idea unless you know what you are doing.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 10:51 AM by Romulator.)
09-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Black&White screen effect possible? - by Daemian - 12-31-2012, 05:14 AM
RE: Black&White screen effect possible? - by Romulator - 09-16-2014, 10:50 AM