Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people don't care about the history?
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Why do people don't care about the history?

(01-06-2013, 12:27 PM)Traggey Wrote: This forum is all about good stories!

One could say most of the users on here have become quite elitist.

Moddb and random ''lets play'' fans out there tend to not care quite as much, personally the story is the most important thing to me.
It's pretty cool that people in this forum thinks that the story is actually the most important thing about a mod. I should then make mods thinking about these people, and not for the ones who don't care. I was afraid of thinking too much in a story and people just pass by it, but thank you.

(01-06-2013, 03:13 PM)Earthykiller127 Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 03:37 AM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: i think that a lot of people who likes custom storys don't actually care about the history.

Mind your own business
If you aren't here to discuss, go play your PewDiePie's stories instead of bothering people.

(01-06-2013, 04:31 PM)crisosphinx Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 03:34 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 12:27 PM)Traggey Wrote: This forum is all about good stories!

One could say most of the users on here have become quite elitist.

Moddb and random ''lets play'' fans out there tend to not care quite as much, personally the story is the most important thing to me.

Agreed. I cannot stand most mods with a bad story, it is by far the most important element of a mod for me, followed by level and game design.

Depends on the history and story for me. If it's intentional that it's not a work of documentation, the story should at least have history in it (fiction or not). I haven't played a story yet where there is no history included. However, if it's a documentation, the history better be damn accurate or it's going to make me confused.

Level design is the second most important thing to me, nearly tying with history. Doom had little story, no history, but the level design was so good that it was a damn puzzle to just get around. I like that in a game. It gives its own story.
So you think the history should be more... objective? What is important in a history for you?

01-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do people don't care about the history? - by str4wberrypanic - 01-06-2013, 05:53 PM